Modi calls Rahul a `specimen`; Cong leader hits back
Kheralu: In an escalation of war of words, Narendra Modi on Monday dubbed Rahul Gandhi as a "specimen" who has "little knowledge" of Gujarat and the Congress Vice President hit back accusing him and BJP of adopting "double standards" on corruption and favouring select industrialists.
Modi lampooned Rahul for dishing out "falsehoods" in his speeches about vast job vacancies and the institution of the Lokayukta in his state.
He also alleged that the Congress has so far sent 100 emissaries to his home town of Vadnagar to find out if he ever used to sell tea or not.
"If you want to relieve stress, listen to Rahul`s speeches. As per his mathematics, there are 27,000 crore jobs lying vacant in Gujarat. How can this be possible when the total population of Gujarat is six crores? What kind of Namuna (specimen) has the Congress brought ?" asked Modi during his rally in Kheralu town under Patan Lok Sabha constituency.
Addressing a rally in Bhatinda in Punjab, Rahul came down heavily on Modi accusing him and BJP of adopting double standards on corruption and favouring select industrialists.
"Just two-three industrialists were benefited (under NDA regime) which they called India Shining. Big government owned companies worth thousands of crores were gifted. Balco, a government owned company, was given to a friend of late union minister and BJP leader Pramod Mahajan," Rahul alleged.
Accusing Modi of doling out favours to select corporates, Rahul alleged that he handed over 45,000 ares of land to Adani group at a rate of Rs 1 per meter.
Tearing into Modi`s much-touted Gujarat model, he said financial benefit to the tune of Rs 26,000 crore as power waiver was given to an industrialist. A total benefit of Rs 35,000 crore was handed over to Adani, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical