Modi nomination: Mayawati wants EC action
Lucknow: BSP supremo Mayawati Friday said the Election Commission should take suo moto cognisance of the `manner` in which BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi filed his nomination from Varanasi at the time when sixth phase of polling was being held all over the country, including Uttar Pradesh.
"BJP PM candidate Modi filed his nomination for Varanasi seat yesterday. At that time polling for the sixth phase was being held all over the country including UP. The manner in which it was highlighted by the media in a one-sided manner is not right and the EC should take suo moto cognisance," Mayawati told reporters here.
"EC should take strict steps. It is not in the public interest," she added.
Mayawati said that she has received information that that the crowd which assembled during Modi`s rally was mostly called from outside the city.
"As a planned strategy it was told that the crowd was local so as to take maximum benefit in Poorvanchal, but this won`t benefit," she said.
An attempt is being made to create air in favour of BJP forcibly with the help of media with the funding of capitalists, which is not visible on the ground, Mayawati alleged.
Attacking the opposition parties she said that when they come to the power, they formulate policies to benefit capitalists and run the government.
The people have to vote after much consideration otherwise the country will be pushed backward, she said.
The BSP supremo said that after capitalists they have also managed astrologers.
"Huge money is being invested to create air in their favour," she alleged.
Mayawati said that there was a fight between BJP and Congress to form the government.
"While Congress is contesting by keeping in front its yuvraj as undeclared PM, BJP has kept forward Modi," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past