Modi nomination: Mayawati wants EC action
Lucknow: BSP supremo Mayawati Friday said the Election Commission should take suo moto cognisance of the `manner` in which BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi filed his nomination from Varanasi at the time when sixth phase of polling was being held all over the country, including Uttar Pradesh.
"BJP PM candidate Modi filed his nomination for Varanasi seat yesterday. At that time polling for the sixth phase was being held all over the country including UP. The manner in which it was highlighted by the media in a one-sided manner is not right and the EC should take suo moto cognisance," Mayawati told reporters here.
"EC should take strict steps. It is not in the public interest," she added.
Mayawati said that she has received information that that the crowd which assembled during Modi`s rally was mostly called from outside the city.
"As a planned strategy it was told that the crowd was local so as to take maximum benefit in Poorvanchal, but this won`t benefit," she said.
An attempt is being made to create air in favour of BJP forcibly with the help of media with the funding of capitalists, which is not visible on the ground, Mayawati alleged.
Attacking the opposition parties she said that when they come to the power, they formulate policies to benefit capitalists and run the government.
The people have to vote after much consideration otherwise the country will be pushed backward, she said.
The BSP supremo said that after capitalists they have also managed astrologers.
"Huge money is being invested to create air in their favour," she alleged.
Mayawati said that there was a fight between BJP and Congress to form the government.
"While Congress is contesting by keeping in front its yuvraj as undeclared PM, BJP has kept forward Modi," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'