Modi projection as PM is like a gas balloon to burst: Mamata
Kumarganj (WB): The projection by certain quarters that Narendra Modi will become the prime minister is like a gas balloon which will burst when the gas leaks, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday said in stepped-up her attack against BJP`s prime ministerial nominee.
Banerjee claimed at a rally here that crores were being spent by interested quarters on predicting who would become the prime minister.
"Have you seen a gas balloon? A gas balloon is made by pumping gas into a balloon. It remains inflated for sometime. As soon as the gas goes down inside the balloon, it collapses," Banerjee said without naming Modi.
"They have on their own decided that he will become the prime minister, it will not happen," Banerjee said about opinion polls about Modi`s prospects.
She claimed attempts to give Modi a stature larger than what he is actually would fall flat on its face.
"A certain section of the media is getting paid to carry on the propaganda. Don`t believe what they are saying," the West Bengal Chief Minister said.
"Without Trinamool Congress, no government can be formed in Delhi. TMC will ensure a non-communal government in Delhi," she said calling upon the voters to give the maximum number of seats to her party to ensure that it becomes a pivotal force in government formation after the elections.
"The Left Front is trying to fish in troubled waters. It is trying to get BJP to cut votes," she claimed alleging "CPI(M) is giving money to BJP here to hold meetings and rallies.
"CPI(M), RSP and Forward Bloc are thinking that the more BJP cuts votes, the better will be their prospects," she said.
Taking on Congress, she claimed it has no ideals or philosophy.
She also claimed Congress has a tacit understanding with BJP and pointed at "how they came together on the issue of division of Andhra Pradesh."
"Congress and BJP together can sell the country," she charged and claimed the two parties along with CPI(M) had come together to destroy everything when they were trying to rebuild Bengal.
"Trinamool Congress is fighting alone against these forces and will continue to do so," Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?