Modi promises to resolve issues of Daman & Diu, including fishermen`s
Daman: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Saturday promised to address the issues faced by the people of the Union Territory of Daman and Diu, including that of the local fishermen community, if the NDA is voted to power at the Centre.
"There are problems related to fisheries here. Restrictions are being forced in the name of environment. Besides, Pakistan is also harassing our fishermen. Despite a scope of developing this place as a tourist destination, it has not been done. You people need a solution, therefore give me a chance," Modi said during a public gathering at Dilipnagar area here.
Modi was speaking at a campaign rally of Lalu Patel, BJP candidate from Diu-Daman Lok Sabha constituency.
"I have been serving the people of Gujarat for the last 13 years. However, I did not get a chance to serve the people here (UT), as it is not possible to do so from Gujarat. For that I have to go to Delhi (Centre)," the Gujarat Chief Minister said.
He said that people from union territories have a benefit that they are directly ruled by the Union Government. "You are a part of the Central rule. The government in Gujarat is not your government...Now tell me whether you people will give me a chance to serve you," Modi said.
Apart from Daman, Modi will address rallies at Silvassa, Bardoli, Chhota Udepur, Bharuch and Rajkot Lok Sabha seats in the state today. Modi will also address a `3D` rally later in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj