Modi promises to resolve issues of Daman & Diu, including fishermen`s
Daman: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Saturday promised to address the issues faced by the people of the Union Territory of Daman and Diu, including that of the local fishermen community, if the NDA is voted to power at the Centre.
"There are problems related to fisheries here. Restrictions are being forced in the name of environment. Besides, Pakistan is also harassing our fishermen. Despite a scope of developing this place as a tourist destination, it has not been done. You people need a solution, therefore give me a chance," Modi said during a public gathering at Dilipnagar area here.
Modi was speaking at a campaign rally of Lalu Patel, BJP candidate from Diu-Daman Lok Sabha constituency.
"I have been serving the people of Gujarat for the last 13 years. However, I did not get a chance to serve the people here (UT), as it is not possible to do so from Gujarat. For that I have to go to Delhi (Centre)," the Gujarat Chief Minister said.
He said that people from union territories have a benefit that they are directly ruled by the Union Government. "You are a part of the Central rule. The government in Gujarat is not your government...Now tell me whether you people will give me a chance to serve you," Modi said.
Apart from Daman, Modi will address rallies at Silvassa, Bardoli, Chhota Udepur, Bharuch and Rajkot Lok Sabha seats in the state today. Modi will also address a `3D` rally later in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth