Modi, Rahul are "threat" to the country, says Mayawati
Morena: BSP chief Mayawati has termed BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi as a "threat" to the nation.
"I have no doubt that both Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi are a threat to the country," Mayawati said addressing an election meeting here last night.
Congress intends to make Rahul the prime minister even though it has not made any announcement about it, the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said. On the other hand, the BJP`s candidate for the top post is Modi, whom she described as "someone responsible for the 2002 riots in Gujarat."
"I do not think there is any way in which Modi can be excused for his role during the 2002 riots in Gujarat," the BSP chief said.
"On the other hand, Rahul Gandhi is a totally inexperienced person who cannot be trusted to run the affairs of the nation," she said. Both the Congress and BJP come to power on the support of capitalists and then they make policies for them only, she alleged.
"It is because of this that the poor and the dalits continue to languish more than 60 years after independence," Mayawati stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre