Modi, Rahul are "threat" to the country, says Mayawati
Morena: BSP chief Mayawati has termed BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi as a "threat" to the nation.
"I have no doubt that both Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi are a threat to the country," Mayawati said addressing an election meeting here last night.
Congress intends to make Rahul the prime minister even though it has not made any announcement about it, the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said. On the other hand, the BJP`s candidate for the top post is Modi, whom she described as "someone responsible for the 2002 riots in Gujarat."
"I do not think there is any way in which Modi can be excused for his role during the 2002 riots in Gujarat," the BSP chief said.
"On the other hand, Rahul Gandhi is a totally inexperienced person who cannot be trusted to run the affairs of the nation," she said. Both the Congress and BJP come to power on the support of capitalists and then they make policies for them only, she alleged.
"It is because of this that the poor and the dalits continue to languish more than 60 years after independence," Mayawati stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves