Modi sidelined BJP veterans to promote himself: Chiranjeevi
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Congress campaign committee chief Chiranjeevi accused BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi of pushing aside veteran leaders of his party to promote himself.
Addressing a press conference here today during his election campaign on behalf of Congress candidates in the city, Chiranjeevi compared the Gujarat Chief Minister to Hitler.
"Modi is a Hitler. He hijacked the party to promote himself. He pushed aside all BJP veterans for his selfishness. If he becomes Prime Minister, corporates will rule the country and there will be no place for the common man. How could Chandrababu Naidu ally with such a leader," Chiranjeevi said.
He lambasted both YSR Congress chief Jagamohan Reddy and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) supremo N Chandrababu Naidu, accusing them of selling Assembly and Parliament tickets as well as trying to come to power by using money. He said both of them are desperate to grab power.
It is the same Naidu, who had accused the BJP and walked out of the NDA in 2004, stating that it was a historic mistake to ally with it, who had (now) allied with the BJP once again, he said.
"It shows how desperate he is to come to power. I feel that even Jagamohan Reddy may not hesitate to support Modi after polls," he said.
Ridiculing the Modi model of development, he said that Gujarat stood at the eighth place in the country in overall development.
Chiranjeevi also found fault with Naidu`s new method of picking candidates through interactive voice response system (IVRS), which was termed as "innovative" by the TDP chief.
He said Naidu never selected candidates based on responses through IVRS, but by collecting money from wealthy candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says