Modi stands for `Movement Of Developing India`: Sukhbir
Nawanshahar: SAD president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday praised BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, saying Modi stands for `Movement Of Developing India`.
Sukhbir said the future generation would remember Modi as a "catalyst" who took India from being a developing nation to the list of most developed nations of the world, and dared the Congress to compete with NDA on development agenda.
He was talking to reporters while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate from Anandpur Sahib Lok Sabha seat Prem Singh Chandumajra.
The SAD president said, "NDA has an experienced and visionary prime ministerial candidate who has proved his efficiency by bringing in economical revolution in Gujarat. I want to coin an abbreviation `Movement of Developing India` to describe Modi`s personality in a few words."
Earlier addressing a rally here, he gave a clarion call to the voters to vote for performance and appealed to them to draw a comparison between NDA and the Congress-led UPA, besides comparing the candidates of SAD and Congress.
"On one hand you have option to choose a committed and experienced Economics scholar Prem singh Chandumajra, and on the other there is a candidate (Ambika Soni) forced on you as previous Congress candidate (Ravneet Singh Bittu) ran away from the constituency," he added.
Lashing out at the "anti people and anti-Punjab" policies of the Congress, he said the NDA government had kept the level of inflation under control while the nation was growing at the rate of 8 per cent per annum.
He alleged that Congress leaders from the state also followed the age-old anti-Punjab policies of the party and did their best to stop any development project brought to the state by the SAD-BJP alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!