Modi stands for `Movement Of Developing India`: Sukhbir
Nawanshahar: SAD president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday praised BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, saying Modi stands for `Movement Of Developing India`.
Sukhbir said the future generation would remember Modi as a "catalyst" who took India from being a developing nation to the list of most developed nations of the world, and dared the Congress to compete with NDA on development agenda.
He was talking to reporters while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate from Anandpur Sahib Lok Sabha seat Prem Singh Chandumajra.
The SAD president said, "NDA has an experienced and visionary prime ministerial candidate who has proved his efficiency by bringing in economical revolution in Gujarat. I want to coin an abbreviation `Movement of Developing India` to describe Modi`s personality in a few words."
Earlier addressing a rally here, he gave a clarion call to the voters to vote for performance and appealed to them to draw a comparison between NDA and the Congress-led UPA, besides comparing the candidates of SAD and Congress.
"On one hand you have option to choose a committed and experienced Economics scholar Prem singh Chandumajra, and on the other there is a candidate (Ambika Soni) forced on you as previous Congress candidate (Ravneet Singh Bittu) ran away from the constituency," he added.
Lashing out at the "anti people and anti-Punjab" policies of the Congress, he said the NDA government had kept the level of inflation under control while the nation was growing at the rate of 8 per cent per annum.
He alleged that Congress leaders from the state also followed the age-old anti-Punjab policies of the party and did their best to stop any development project brought to the state by the SAD-BJP alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway