Modi wave has subsided; Cong-led govt to rule at Centre: Narayan Rane
Mumbai: Expressing confidence that the Congress-led coalition at the Centre will perform a hat-trick, Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane on Saturday said that the "Modi wave" in the country has subsided and will not be seen in the next few days.
Addressing a press conference, Rane charged that the Gujarat Chief Minister had run out of issues and was indulging only in falsehoods.
"Congress will score a hat-trick in forming government at the Centre," he said.
When his attention was drawn towards ally Sharad Pawar`s comment that the BJP will emerge as the single largest party, Rane said, "Pawar has also said that BJP will not be forming the next government."
Criticising MNS chief Raj Thackeray and Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray of bringing their family feud in public. Rane said the squabble will benefit the Congress.
"Voters are clever enough to understand that those who cannot keep family united and bring personal fights in public domain, will never be able to keep the state and the country united," he charged.
Rane said the Congress-NCP will get 35 out of the 48 seats from the state.
Hitting out at the `Gujarat development model`, Rane said Maharashtra`s share in the total foreign investment in the state was 21 per cent as against Gujarat`s 13.6 per cent.
Maharashtra was ahead of Gujarat in terms of education, health as well. "We brought 13.7 per cent of below-poverty line people above poverty line while Gujarat managed only 8 per cent," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow