Modi wave has subsided; Cong-led govt to rule at Centre: Narayan Rane
Mumbai: Expressing confidence that the Congress-led coalition at the Centre will perform a hat-trick, Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane on Saturday said that the "Modi wave" in the country has subsided and will not be seen in the next few days.
Addressing a press conference, Rane charged that the Gujarat Chief Minister had run out of issues and was indulging only in falsehoods.
"Congress will score a hat-trick in forming government at the Centre," he said.
When his attention was drawn towards ally Sharad Pawar`s comment that the BJP will emerge as the single largest party, Rane said, "Pawar has also said that BJP will not be forming the next government."
Criticising MNS chief Raj Thackeray and Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray of bringing their family feud in public. Rane said the squabble will benefit the Congress.
"Voters are clever enough to understand that those who cannot keep family united and bring personal fights in public domain, will never be able to keep the state and the country united," he charged.
Rane said the Congress-NCP will get 35 out of the 48 seats from the state.
Hitting out at the `Gujarat development model`, Rane said Maharashtra`s share in the total foreign investment in the state was 21 per cent as against Gujarat`s 13.6 per cent.
Maharashtra was ahead of Gujarat in terms of education, health as well. "We brought 13.7 per cent of below-poverty line people above poverty line while Gujarat managed only 8 per cent," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof