Modi wave stronger than Janta wave of 1977: Shanta Kumar
Shimla: Veteran BJP leader and former union minister Shanta Kumar on Tuesday said that "Modi wave, sweeping the country" was stronger than Janta party wave of 1977 and claimed that NDA`s march to power was unstoppable.
"The post poll scenario would be totally different ... As Modi wave, sweeping the country is stronger than Janta party wave of 1977 and Congress would be decimated to double figure," he said while talking to mediapersons here.
"The NDA is heading for clear majority and even if it did not get the magic number, Modi would be the next PM and even old allies like Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar would be left with no choice than to return to NDA," he said.
When asked about the comment of senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi that there is no Modi wave but a BJP wave in the country, Kumar said that Modi was representative face of the BJP as Prime ministerial candidate and both the BJP and Modi are inseparable.
Kumar lashed out at the UPA government for compromising with national security and said that the government had failed to procure modern arms and ammunition and other defence equipments inspite of availability of funds.
Raking up the issue of black money of corrupt politicians stashed away in foreign banks, the BJP leader accused the UPA government of not taking any action to bring back the money as the money belongs to some top UPA leaders.
"The NDA government would enact a law to bring back the black money from foreign bank and make it a cognisable offence attracting imprisonment upto ten years and provide for voluntary disclosure of black money and bringing the money back within a stipulated time," Kumar said.
In the wake of recent startling claims made by Sanjay Baru, former media advisor to Prime Minister and P C Parekh, former Coal secretary in their books about Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Kumar said the Prime Minister should immediately resign from the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?