Modi`s attack on Gandhi family cheap, in vulgar taste: Congress
New Delhi: Congress today dismissed as "cheap and in vulgar taste" Narendra Modi`s strident attack on the Gandhi family by raking up the controversial land deals involving Robert Vadra in Haryana.
"The more he does it, the more people of India will judge what he is... Let him use the taunts, barbs in even more demeaning manner, which he has been doing for long. We do not want to outdo him in cheap, vulgar taste," party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
He noted that the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate was also consistently attacking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in a demeaning manner.
Addressing a rally attended by large number of farmers in Jhajhar in Haryana today, Modi slammed the Congress government in the state as well as at the Centre for taking the farming community for a ride and "usurping" their land and selling it off at "dirt-cheap" prices.
"If in Haryana, it is the father-son duo who are doing the business, in Delhi, it is the mother-son duo. As if it was not enough, so the son-in-law (damadjee) has also entered the scene," Modi said.
Modi said due to the land policies of the Haryana government, "A person without even single paisa could earn Rs 50 crore in next three months.
Shehzaade (Rahul Gandhi), what are these policies through which you have given land to your jeejaji."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla