Modi`s attack on Gandhi family cheap, in vulgar taste: Congress
New Delhi: Congress today dismissed as "cheap and in vulgar taste" Narendra Modi`s strident attack on the Gandhi family by raking up the controversial land deals involving Robert Vadra in Haryana.
"The more he does it, the more people of India will judge what he is... Let him use the taunts, barbs in even more demeaning manner, which he has been doing for long. We do not want to outdo him in cheap, vulgar taste," party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
He noted that the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate was also consistently attacking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in a demeaning manner.
Addressing a rally attended by large number of farmers in Jhajhar in Haryana today, Modi slammed the Congress government in the state as well as at the Centre for taking the farming community for a ride and "usurping" their land and selling it off at "dirt-cheap" prices.
"If in Haryana, it is the father-son duo who are doing the business, in Delhi, it is the mother-son duo. As if it was not enough, so the son-in-law (damadjee) has also entered the scene," Modi said.
Modi said due to the land policies of the Haryana government, "A person without even single paisa could earn Rs 50 crore in next three months.
Shehzaade (Rahul Gandhi), what are these policies through which you have given land to your jeejaji."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje