Modi`s marital status must not be sensationalised: Vaghela
Ahmedabad: Senior Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela, who is contesting from Sabarkanthac Lok Sabha seat, on Thursday came to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s defence by asking people not to sensationalise the issue of his marital status.
The development comes at a time when Congress leaders are out to corner Modi over his marital status.
While talking to reporters here today, Vaghela, who was in the BJP earlier, admitted that Modi should have mentioned his marital status in previous affidavits.
"Though they (Modi and Jashodaben) barely stayed together as married couple, he should have filled the column about his marital status earlier. In fact, they have not divorced yet. She herself claimed that he (Modi) is her husband and he (Modi) too accepted it," Vaghela, who is Leader of Opposition in the Gujarat assembly, said.
According to Vaghela, people should not peep into other`s life beyond a certain limit.
"I believe that people should not sensationalise the issue. We should not peep into other people`s personal life so much, so that they feel uncomfortable," Vaghela, who was once considered Modi`s political guru, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family