Mother-son government destroyed country: Narendra Modi
Srinagar (Uttarakhand): BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Saturday accused the Congress party of destroying the country, and said the "mother-son government" was a perfect example of failure.
"In the past 10 years, the country has been destroyed due to corruption. It is sad to see that the mother-son (Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi) government in Delhi does not get worried about it. They say and believe that such things happen and people will forget them," Modi said said at an election rally here.
The Uttarakhand government and the "mother-son government were perfect examples of failure, the Gujarat chief minister said amid loud cheers.
Attacking Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Modi said, "The home ministry in the mother-son government had said forget about the corruption... people will forget it like the Bofors scam."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement