MP Congress leader Sanjay Pathak joins BJP
Bhopal: Congress MLA Sanjay Pathak, who quit the party alleging ill-treatment, Monday formally joined the BJP in the presence of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Welcoming Pathak, who is an MLA from Vijayraghogarh seat in Katni district, Chouhan said, "His honour will be protected in the BJP."
"Today is an auspicious day as per the Hindu calendar and Pathak is joining BJP on this day to strengthen the ruling party in the state," he said.
Before joining BJP, Pathak resigned from Congress and his membership in the State Assembly.
Pathak said he resigned from the Congress as the grand old party no longer remained the party of Nehru and Gandhi.
He also denied reports that he is joining BJP to protect his mining business.
"If that was the case then I would have joined BJP about six years back," he added.
Besides Pathak, another Congress leader Rajendra Singh Gehlot also joined BJP on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Google unveils Android Nougat for Nexus devices
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case