MP Congress leader Sanjay Pathak joins BJP
Bhopal: Congress MLA Sanjay Pathak, who quit the party alleging ill-treatment, Monday formally joined the BJP in the presence of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Welcoming Pathak, who is an MLA from Vijayraghogarh seat in Katni district, Chouhan said, "His honour will be protected in the BJP."
"Today is an auspicious day as per the Hindu calendar and Pathak is joining BJP on this day to strengthen the ruling party in the state," he said.
Before joining BJP, Pathak resigned from Congress and his membership in the State Assembly.
Pathak said he resigned from the Congress as the grand old party no longer remained the party of Nehru and Gandhi.
He also denied reports that he is joining BJP to protect his mining business.
"If that was the case then I would have joined BJP about six years back," he added.
Besides Pathak, another Congress leader Rajendra Singh Gehlot also joined BJP on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"