MP Congress leader Sanjay Pathak joins BJP
Bhopal: Congress MLA Sanjay Pathak, who quit the party alleging ill-treatment, Monday formally joined the BJP in the presence of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Welcoming Pathak, who is an MLA from Vijayraghogarh seat in Katni district, Chouhan said, "His honour will be protected in the BJP."
"Today is an auspicious day as per the Hindu calendar and Pathak is joining BJP on this day to strengthen the ruling party in the state," he said.
Before joining BJP, Pathak resigned from Congress and his membership in the State Assembly.
Pathak said he resigned from the Congress as the grand old party no longer remained the party of Nehru and Gandhi.
He also denied reports that he is joining BJP to protect his mining business.
"If that was the case then I would have joined BJP about six years back," he added.
Besides Pathak, another Congress leader Rajendra Singh Gehlot also joined BJP on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says