MP Congress leader Sanjay Pathak joins BJP
Bhopal: Congress MLA Sanjay Pathak, who quit the party alleging ill-treatment, Monday formally joined the BJP in the presence of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Welcoming Pathak, who is an MLA from Vijayraghogarh seat in Katni district, Chouhan said, "His honour will be protected in the BJP."
"Today is an auspicious day as per the Hindu calendar and Pathak is joining BJP on this day to strengthen the ruling party in the state," he said.
Before joining BJP, Pathak resigned from Congress and his membership in the State Assembly.
Pathak said he resigned from the Congress as the grand old party no longer remained the party of Nehru and Gandhi.
He also denied reports that he is joining BJP to protect his mining business.
"If that was the case then I would have joined BJP about six years back," he added.
Besides Pathak, another Congress leader Rajendra Singh Gehlot also joined BJP on the occasion.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video