MPCC seeks all-party meet over issue of missing voters` names
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) on Friday demanded an all-party meet to discuss complaints about voters` names missing from the electoral roll in the state.
In a statement, MPCC president Manikrao Thakre said the controversy should be resolved and it should be ensured that such a thing does not happen in the Assembly elections later this year.
"When awareness about voting is on the rise, incidence of deletion of names or errors is not good," he said.
According to Thakre, he has raised the issue with the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan through a letter today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack