MPCC seeks all-party meet over issue of missing voters` names
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) on Friday demanded an all-party meet to discuss complaints about voters` names missing from the electoral roll in the state.
In a statement, MPCC president Manikrao Thakre said the controversy should be resolved and it should be ensured that such a thing does not happen in the Assembly elections later this year.
"When awareness about voting is on the rise, incidence of deletion of names or errors is not good," he said.
According to Thakre, he has raised the issue with the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan through a letter today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed