MSCP merges with Cong in Manipur
Imphal: Manipur State Congress Party (MSCP), having five MLAs in the 60-member state Assembly, has merged with the Congress ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
The regional party had applied for merging with the Congress in January last and the party was merged with the national party last evening, Congress sources said.
MSCP President Y Mangi said his party could not do much for the state because of having a few MLAs in the assembly and that was the reason for merging with the national party.
The strength of Congress now rose to 47 in the state assembly, with Trinamool Congress seven, Naga People`s Front (NPF) four, National Congress Party (NCP) one and Lok Janasakti Party (LJP) one.
Outer Manipur will go to polls on April 9 and Inner Manipur will to polls on April 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites