MSCP merges with Cong in Manipur
Imphal: Manipur State Congress Party (MSCP), having five MLAs in the 60-member state Assembly, has merged with the Congress ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
The regional party had applied for merging with the Congress in January last and the party was merged with the national party last evening, Congress sources said.
MSCP President Y Mangi said his party could not do much for the state because of having a few MLAs in the assembly and that was the reason for merging with the national party.
The strength of Congress now rose to 47 in the state assembly, with Trinamool Congress seven, Naga People`s Front (NPF) four, National Congress Party (NCP) one and Lok Janasakti Party (LJP) one.
Outer Manipur will go to polls on April 9 and Inner Manipur will to polls on April 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical