MSCP merges with Cong in Manipur
Imphal: Manipur State Congress Party (MSCP), having five MLAs in the 60-member state Assembly, has merged with the Congress ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
The regional party had applied for merging with the Congress in January last and the party was merged with the national party last evening, Congress sources said.
MSCP President Y Mangi said his party could not do much for the state because of having a few MLAs in the assembly and that was the reason for merging with the national party.
The strength of Congress now rose to 47 in the state assembly, with Trinamool Congress seven, Naga People`s Front (NPF) four, National Congress Party (NCP) one and Lok Janasakti Party (LJP) one.
Outer Manipur will go to polls on April 9 and Inner Manipur will to polls on April 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31