Mufti hopeful of Modi govt finding a solution to Kashmir problem
Srinagar: Congratulating Narendra Modi for his party`s landslide victory in Lok Sabha polls, Peoples Democratic Party patriarch Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Sunday said he was hopeful the new BJP government would take tangible steps in finding a lasting solution to the Kashmir problem.
In a statement here, the PDP leader said he further hoped the Modi government would pursue an agenda which would be "politically-inclusive and developmentally-intensive".
"We congratulate Modi and his party on their outstanding victory. We hope his developmental agenda is intensive and his political agenda inclusive.
"That is what is needed and expected of him in his new role," said Sayeed, whose party bagged all the three Lok Sabha seats in Kashmir.
The former Chief Minister hoped the new dispensation at the Centre would make efforts to find a lasting solution to the Kashmir problem.
"I hope the new government, under the leadership of Modi, will take tangible measures to address the causes of alienation and trust deficit in Kashmir and work towards finding a long-lasting solution to the problem plaguing the region for the past more than six decades," he said.
Modi had earned the political and electoral legitimacy to be the Prime Minister in view of the decisive mandate given to his BJP by the people, Sayeed said.
"People have given a decisive mandate to the BJP for a strong and stable government. Modi has got the political and electoral legitimacy to head the new government. We must all respect this legitimacy that has been accorded to him by the people of the country," the PDP patron said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH