Mulayam and Akhilesh to hold rallies in Kanpur
Kanpur: Samjawadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will hold rallies here in support of party candidate for Kanpur Lok Sabha seat Surendra Mohan Agarwal.
While Mulayam will hold a rally in the city on Saturday, Akhilesh will address a public meeting on Sunday at the parade ground, Agarwal said.
He said TV actress Shweta Tiwari held a roadshow yesterday and appealed to people to vote for the party.
Agarwal claimed that in last two years the Uttar Pradesh government has spent crores of rupees in constructing roads and flyovers and that it will complete its full term.
He also said his direct contest is with BJP`s Murli Manohar Joshi as Congress`s Sriprakash Jaiswal and BSP`s Saleem Ahmad are on the third and fourth place respectively.
The elections in Kanpur are scheduled for April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'