Mulayam files nomination from Mainpuri
Mainpuri: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Friday filed nomination papers from Mainpuri, pledging loyalty to his traditional seat and said he was contesting from Azamgarh only to counter Narendra Modi, who is in fray from Varanasi.
Yadav, who was accompained by brother Ramgopal Yadav and party leader Khuman Singh Verma and Mohd Omar, said his party will win "maximum number of seats in UP" and no one will be able to form government without SP.
"I will not leave Mainpuri seat after winning polls. I am also contesting from Azamgarh due to pressure of party workers. As BJP leader Narendra Modi is contesting from Varanasi, partymen wanted me to counter him by contesting from Azamgarh", Yadav, who files three sets of papers, told.
"Due to my contesting polls from there, the position of party has got better in Purvanchal (eastern Uttar Pradesh)," Yadav claimed.
On Third front, Yadav said that at the Centre no government could be formed without Samajwadi Party.
"We will win maximum number of seats in UP.... In Delhi no one will be able to form government without SP. In the third front too, SP`s position will be strong", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday