Mulayam Singh Yadav appeals to Muslims to vote unitedly for SP
Moradabad: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday appealed to Muslims to unitedly vote for his party`s candidates from the region.
Addressing an election rally at the Jama Masjid park here, Yadav said the Muslim community is backward and no party except SP has taken initiatives for their welfare.
He appealed to Muslims to vote for his party`s candidates from Moradabad and Sambhal Lok Sabha seats -- SP Hasaan and Shafiqur Rahman Barq -- where polling will be held on April 17.
Claiming that his party derived power from the support of Muslims and farmers, Yadav said his party would work for the welfare of Muslim artisans and farmers who are the backbone of the country`s economy.
The SP chief said no party will gain majority in the elections and the Third Front will form the next government.
On disputes within SP, Yadav said his party`s minister from the area is not taking interest in Sambhal seat and he is trying to resolve the matter. "All ministers should follow the rules of the party," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter