Mulayam soft on rapists, tough on Muzaffarnagar riot victims: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Lucknow: Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Friday launched a stinging attack on Mulayam Singh Yadav, saying that the Samajwadi Party chief is soft on rapists.
Addressing a rally in Mulayam`s home town Etawah, the Gujarat Chief Minister said that at a time when we need to be tough on rapists, `Netaji` is showing a soft attitude towards those who commit such heinous crimes.
Coming down heavily on the SP chief, the BJP strongman raked up the Muzaffarnagar riots issue, saying that Netaji should have been soft towards the people living in relief camps, but he was not, instead he is displaying a soft attitude towards the rapists.
The BJP leader also hit out at Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati and UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. Modi mocked at the BSP chief for building parks with elephant statues and the UP Chief Minister for concentrating on lion safaris.
The Gujarat CM said both SP and BSP are not concerned about the people of Uttar Pradesh.
He further accused the incumbent SP government of failing to maintain law and order situation in the state.
Urging people to vote for the BJP in the ongoing General Elections, Modi said, “If you want a better life then change the Government in Delhi now and then in Lucknow.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender