Munde rubbishes talk of Praful Patel joining BJP
Shirdi: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Sunday dismissed speculation that Union Minister and NCP stalwart Praful Patel was on his way to the saffron party.
Talking to reporters here, Munde said there was "no place" for Patel in BJP.
He alleged that NCP chief (Sharad Pawar) was behind these rumours, which were reported by a Marathi newspaper earlier this week.
He also said as there was no place in NDA or BJP for Patel, it followed that there was no question of accommodating his "guru" (mentor) Sharad Pawar post-elections.
The senior BJP leader also said his party may win 235 to 240 Lok Sabha seats and would get a clear majority with the help of its allies.
In this scenario, NDA would not need the support of other parties to form the government, Munde said.
Asked about plans for himself, Munde said at present he would be at the Centre, but could return to Maharashtra if needed.
If Congress lost the election, the Gandhi family must take the responsibility, he remarked.
The state BJP leaders will meet in Mumbai on May 14 to discuss the coming Assembly elections in Maharashtra, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here