Muslim community frightened hearing Modi`s name: Nitish
Bhagalpur: A day after BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi held rally in minority-dominated Bhagalpur, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday hit at his rival saying the minority Muslim community are "frightened" hearing his name.
"Minority community are frightened hearing his name. How can he take the country together," Kumar said addressing an election rally in at Garohtiya panchayat in Bhagalpur.
Kumar was canvassing for JD(U) candidate from Bhagalpur Abu Kaisar who is pitted against BJP`s Syed Shahnawaz Hussain for the Bhagalpur seat that would go to poll on April 24. RJD has fielded Bullo Mandal on the seat.
The Bihar Chief Minister also hit at his bete noire Lalu Prasad and said that he claims himself as champion of secularism but is in alliance with Congress under whose regime Bhagalpur riots had broken in 1989.
He alleged that RJD during its rule in the state gave shelter to perpetrators of riots in Bhagalpur in which nearly a thousand of minority community people were killed.
The riot victims got justice only when JD(U)-led NDA came to power, he claimed.
"We not only punished the accused of Bhagalpur riots but also provided monthly pension for victim families," Kumar said.
Launching a blistering attack at BJP, he said while they were trying to bring the name of their leader (Narendra Modi)in every household the JD(U) intends to take development in every house.
Rebel RJD leader Samrat Chaudhary, who had played a major role in defection of 13 RJD MLAs from Lalu Prasad`s party, was present on the dais with Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information