Muzaffanagar riots, gang-rape victims to cast their vote
Muzaffarnagar: Seven gang-rape victims of Muzaffarnagar riots will exercise their right to franchise in the upcoming polls here, officials said.
The victims who were displaced from their homes during last year`s communal violence, have been enrolled as voters from Joga Kheri village in the district, they said.
Besides, nearly 250 riot-hit victims will also cast their vote from the village, where they were rehabilitated. The seven victims are living with their families.
To ensure peaceful voting, women para military personnel and local police force have been deployed in riot affected villages of Phugana, Bhora Kala Bahawdi, Mohammadpur, Raisingh and Kharad.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court bans diesel, petrol cabs in Delhi-NCR from May 1
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept