Muzaffanagar riots, gang-rape victims to cast their vote
Muzaffarnagar: Seven gang-rape victims of Muzaffarnagar riots will exercise their right to franchise in the upcoming polls here, officials said.
The victims who were displaced from their homes during last year`s communal violence, have been enrolled as voters from Joga Kheri village in the district, they said.
Besides, nearly 250 riot-hit victims will also cast their vote from the village, where they were rehabilitated. The seven victims are living with their families.
To ensure peaceful voting, women para military personnel and local police force have been deployed in riot affected villages of Phugana, Bhora Kala Bahawdi, Mohammadpur, Raisingh and Kharad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi