N Chandrababu Naidu targets Jagan over corruption
Machilipatnam: Telugu Desam Party President N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday asked voters to keep graft-tainted leaders out of power and targeted Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSR Congress over the issue of corruption.
Addressing election rallies at Machilipatnam and Pedana this evening, he warned people against electing YSR Congress Party candidates in coming Lok Sabha and assembly polls in Andhra Pradesh.
Raking up the corruption case against the YSR Congress chief, the ex-Chief Minister said "CBI officials confiscated Jaganmohan Reddy`s illegally-earned property. If you vote for YSR Congress Party, the situation will become worse."
Naidu alleged Congress President Sonia Gandhi bifurcated the state in an "unjust" manner with the backing of Jagan and TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao.
"We have to reconstruct the state of Andhra Pradesh. It is not known which place will be the new capital. The state is facing a crisis. You should be wise in electing your representatives. Drive away the corrupt leaders and vote for Telugu Desam candidates."
Naidu did not mention anything about his poll alliance with BJP, which ran into trouble briefly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?