Nabam Tuki campaigns in East Siang
Itanagar: Campaigning for both state Assembly and Lok Sabha elections, Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Nabam Tuki said Congress is the only political party that can provide a stable government in the state which is a prerequisite for progress, peace and prosperity.
"Over-all development in the state in the last five years is evidence enough of the sincerity and commitment of Congress. Now it is time for people to recognise the party`s contribution and vote it back to power," Tuki said at a poll campaign yesterday at Mariyang in East Siang district in support of J K Panggeng (Mariyang-Geku).
He also sought support for two party Lok Sabha candidates Ninong Ering and Takam Sanjoy. Referring to the unopposed election of 11 Congress candidates to the Assembly, including himself, Tuki said it had been proved that people do not have faith or confidence on any of the opposition parties in the poll fray.
Simultaneous Lok Sabha and state assembly are slated to be held in Arunachal Pradesh on April 9.
On Friday at another campaign meeting at Boleng to garner support for former state industries minister and Congress nominee from Pangin Tapang Taloh, Tuki had claimed that there was no doubt that Congress was returning to power.
"Therefore, the best way to be a partner in the developmental process will be to be with the party and vote in favour of the Congress nominee," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan