Name missing from voters list, Bihar DGP fails to cast vote
Patna: Bihar Director General of Police (DGP) Abhyanand could not cast his vote on Thursday as his name did not figure in the voters list.
"My name is not in voters list hence I am not able to exercise my franchise," Abhyanand told a news agency.
He said the same had happened last time also.
The DGP said that due to work pressure he could not do the running around to get his name included in the voters list so that he can cast ballot.
Abhyanand lives in his private residence at Patel Nagar under Shashtri Nagar police station area.
The locality forms part of Patna Sahib Lok Sabha seat where actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha is locked in contest with Bhojpuri actor Kunal Singh of Congress, Gopal Prasad Sinha of JD(U) and former minister and Aam Aadmi party (AAP) leader Parveen Amanullah.
The DGP said he was monitoring security situation in seven Lok Sabha seats in the state where polling is taking place today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!