Name missing from voters list, Bihar DGP fails to cast vote
Patna: Bihar Director General of Police (DGP) Abhyanand could not cast his vote today as his name did not figure in the voters list.
"My name is not in voters list hence I am not able to exercise my franchise," Abhyanand told PTI.
He said the same had happened last time also.
The DGP said that due to work pressure he could not do the running around to get his name included in the voters list so that he can cast ballot.
Abhyanand lives in his private residence at Patel Nagar under Shashtri nagar police station area.
The locality forms part of Patna Sahib Lok Sabha seat where actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha is locked in contest with Bhojpuri actor Kunal Singh of Congress, Gopal Prasad Sinha of JD(U) and former minister and Aam Aadmi party (AAP) leader Parveen Amanullah.
The DGP said he was monitoring security situation in seven Lok Sabha seats in the state where polling is taking place today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured