Name missing from voters list, Bihar DGP fails to cast vote
Patna: Bihar Director General of Police (DGP) Abhyanand could not cast his vote today as his name did not figure in the voters list.
"My name is not in voters list hence I am not able to exercise my franchise," Abhyanand told PTI.
He said the same had happened last time also.
The DGP said that due to work pressure he could not do the running around to get his name included in the voters list so that he can cast ballot.
Abhyanand lives in his private residence at Patel Nagar under Shashtri nagar police station area.
The locality forms part of Patna Sahib Lok Sabha seat where actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha is locked in contest with Bhojpuri actor Kunal Singh of Congress, Gopal Prasad Sinha of JD(U) and former minister and Aam Aadmi party (AAP) leader Parveen Amanullah.
The DGP said he was monitoring security situation in seven Lok Sabha seats in the state where polling is taking place today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary