Narendra Modi a serial liar: Congress
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday called Narendra Modi a "serial liar" following the BJP leader`s reported reference to Congress leader Ahmed Patel as a good friend in an interview to Doordarshan.
"It (Modi`s comments) establishes beyond doubt that he is constantly spreading lies with a clear purpose of misleading the people, the party and the country," Congress spokesperson Sanjay Jha told IANS.
He added that Modi has a "laundry list" of having made distortions in his public speeches.
"His comment is a brazen lie. He is a serial liar," Jha added.
Modi, in his interview to Doordarshan that had been edited out, had reportedly referred to party chief Sonia Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel as a good friend who has stopped taking his calls.
Jha added: "Even Patel is aware of the fact that Modi is deliberately misleading the media, the nation and the people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi