Narendra Modi a serial liar: Congress
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday called Narendra Modi a "serial liar" following the BJP leader`s reported reference to Congress leader Ahmed Patel as a good friend in an interview to Doordarshan.
"It (Modi`s comments) establishes beyond doubt that he is constantly spreading lies with a clear purpose of misleading the people, the party and the country," Congress spokesperson Sanjay Jha told IANS.
He added that Modi has a "laundry list" of having made distortions in his public speeches.
"His comment is a brazen lie. He is a serial liar," Jha added.
Modi, in his interview to Doordarshan that had been edited out, had reportedly referred to party chief Sonia Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel as a good friend who has stopped taking his calls.
Jha added: "Even Patel is aware of the fact that Modi is deliberately misleading the media, the nation and the people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!