Narendra Modi admits for first time Jashodaben is his wife
Zee Media Bureau
Vadodara: In an affidavit submitted along with his nomination papers filed Wednesday for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat, Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi declared himself as a married man and revealed that his wife`s name is Jashodaben.
In the affidavit submitted to the Election Commission, Modi for the first time stated that he is married.
So far, Modi used to leave the column of spouse which is to be filled in an affidavit as blank. He had kept the column as blank in 2012 Assembly elections as well.
However, for the 2014 Lok Sabha election affidavit, in the column where he has to declare assets in the name of his wife, Modi has written that he has no information on it.
Though he had filed the nomination papers this morning, the Vadodara district election authority put the affidavit on the display board of the Collectorate at midnight.
The affidavit has not been uploaded on the website of the Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat till late in the night.
Earlier, Congress had said that Modi should come clean on his marital status while filing nomination papers for the Lok Sabha elections.
The Vadodara LS seat which has been chosen by Modi from 26 constituencies of Gujarat is considered to be one of the safest seat.
Modi is also contesting election from Varanasi where he is challenging Aam Aadmi Party candidate Arvind Kejriwal and Congress` local MLA Ajay Rai.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply