Narendra Modi as PM will be a disaster: Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee
Baruipur: It would be a disaster, if Narendra Modi became the next prime minister, CPI(M) politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Tuesday said, alleging that the RSS wants only Hindus to stay in the country.
"Don`t believe Narendra Modi. There will be disaster," Bhattacharjee said at a rally here.
"RSS says only Hindus will stay in India...We say it will bring great danger. Have the Hindus gone mad that they will bring Modi?" he said while referring to Modi`s statement that he would send back illegal Bangladeshi immigrants after the election results.
Training his guns on Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee, the former West Bengal chief minister said that initially Banerjee was not talking against Modi, but of late she started speaking out against him.
"We don`t believe her...She had sent flowers to Modi. Has she ever acknowledged that it was wrong?" he asked.
The CPI(M) leader, whose party had thrown outside support to the Congress-led UPA I government, also alleged that the Trinamool Congress had been with the Congress-led UPA II government and supported decontrol of fuel prices.
He also accused the TMC supremo of flying to meeting venues, wondering "who is paying for her helicopter rides."
"We are going by road or taking train rides to venues. We don`t have so much money. We don`t touch ill-gotten money," Bhattacharjee claimed.
Observing that neither the Congress nor BJP should be voted to power in the 16th Lok Sabha, Bhattacharjee said 11 parties had been brought together on a single platform, which can run a government for the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Shannen Doherty shares shaven head photos amid cancer battle
- Congress forms five-member committee to examine bills, debates in Parl
- To give shape to new education policy, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar meets RSS leaders
- Italian connection to Mahatma Gandhi's assassination? Subramanian Swamy to reveal after August 15
- WATCH: AB de Villiers' lesson for 19-year-old who struck him with fearsome bouncer