Narendra Modi capable of running successful government: Artists
New Delhi: Artists from various fields Monday came out in full support of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and said they believed in his ability to run a successful government and offer "better governance".
Classical dancer Sonal Mansingh, gazal singer Anup Jalota, and female playback singer Richa Sharma pledged their support for the Gujarat chief minister at a press conference held here, said a statement.
"The nation is passing through an extremely difficult and challenging situation. There is a grave crisis of leadership and this election provides us an opportunity to address many of the issues arising from this," the statement said.
"We believe that Modi has proved his ability to run a successful government and to provide good governance ensuring all round development of all sections of the society," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!