Narendra Modi capable of running successful government: Artists
New Delhi: Artists from various fields Monday came out in full support of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and said they believed in his ability to run a successful government and offer "better governance".
Classical dancer Sonal Mansingh, gazal singer Anup Jalota, and female playback singer Richa Sharma pledged their support for the Gujarat chief minister at a press conference held here, said a statement.
"The nation is passing through an extremely difficult and challenging situation. There is a grave crisis of leadership and this election provides us an opportunity to address many of the issues arising from this," the statement said.
"We believe that Modi has proved his ability to run a successful government and to provide good governance ensuring all round development of all sections of the society," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 122 pilots failed alcohol tests between 2013 and June 2016:Government
- Sexual harassment case: One witness denied allegations against Kumar Vishwas: Police to HC
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused bail plea
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse
- Spain seeks `urgent` answers from London after nuclear sub collision