Narendra Modi capable of running successful government: Artists
New Delhi: Artists from various fields Monday came out in full support of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and said they believed in his ability to run a successful government and offer "better governance".
Classical dancer Sonal Mansingh, gazal singer Anup Jalota, and female playback singer Richa Sharma pledged their support for the Gujarat chief minister at a press conference held here, said a statement.
"The nation is passing through an extremely difficult and challenging situation. There is a grave crisis of leadership and this election provides us an opportunity to address many of the issues arising from this," the statement said.
"We believe that Modi has proved his ability to run a successful government and to provide good governance ensuring all round development of all sections of the society," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year