Narendra Modi capable of running successful government: Artists
New Delhi: Artists from various fields Monday came out in full support of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and said they believed in his ability to run a successful government and offer "better governance".
Classical dancer Sonal Mansingh, gazal singer Anup Jalota, and female playback singer Richa Sharma pledged their support for the Gujarat chief minister at a press conference held here, said a statement.
"The nation is passing through an extremely difficult and challenging situation. There is a grave crisis of leadership and this election provides us an opportunity to address many of the issues arising from this," the statement said.
"We believe that Modi has proved his ability to run a successful government and to provide good governance ensuring all round development of all sections of the society," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore