Narendra Modi gets warm welcome from LK Advani
New Delhi: BJP Parliamentary Board, the highest decision-making body of the party, met here on Saturday for the first time after the landslide victory in the Lok Sabha elections to decide issues related to government formation.
Narendra Modi was the man of the moment at the meeting with all leaders, including L K Advani, welcoming him with sweets and embraces.
Before the start of the meeting at the party headquarters, Modi first greeted Advani and bent towards him as a gesture of respect. Advani then embraced him.
Advani was initially opposed to anointment of Modi as the Prime Ministerial candidate and had even resigned last year from all posts in protest, only to change his decision a day later.
Modi was also treated to sweets by BJP President Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Murli Manohar Joshi, Nitin Gadkari and other members of the 12-member Board.
Before the meeting, Modi was greeting with cheers and blowing of conch shells at the party headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head