Narendra Modi gets warm welcome from LK Advani
New Delhi: BJP Parliamentary Board, the highest decision-making body of the party, met here on Saturday for the first time after the landslide victory in the Lok Sabha elections to decide issues related to government formation.
Narendra Modi was the man of the moment at the meeting with all leaders, including L K Advani, welcoming him with sweets and embraces.
Before the start of the meeting at the party headquarters, Modi first greeted Advani and bent towards him as a gesture of respect. Advani then embraced him.
Advani was initially opposed to anointment of Modi as the Prime Ministerial candidate and had even resigned last year from all posts in protest, only to change his decision a day later.
Modi was also treated to sweets by BJP President Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Murli Manohar Joshi, Nitin Gadkari and other members of the 12-member Board.
Before the meeting, Modi was greeting with cheers and blowing of conch shells at the party headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi