Narendra Modi grew up playing with Muslim kids: Gujarat CM`s brother
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In an attempt to project a secular image of Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi, his younger brother Prahlad Modi on Sunday said that his brother has grown up playing with Muslim kids.
“We grew up playing with Muslim children,” Prahlad said.
In an interview to a news channel, Prahlad Modi said, “Our parents brought us up in an environment which had no room whatsoever for any kind of violence.”
Asserting that nobody should `feel scared` as projected by Congress and other parties if Modi becomes the PM, Modi`s brother said, “Our family is of secular mindset and we have been brought-up in a cultured family.”
Responding to a question on Modi`s marital status, Prahlad said, “My brother (Narendra Modi) has given a clear, written message regarding this issue to the media. I don`t need to say anything more.”
He added, “I was very young when they got married.”
Earlier also Prahlad defended his brother by saying that, “Lord Buddha had also married. Even after his marriage, Buddha had left his wife and child, nobody had then asked him why he left his family and didn`t give rights to his wife. Why are these questions being asked to Modi."
Rejecting allegations of the rivals that BJP`s PM candidate has become bigger than the party, Prahlad had said, “Children are children and parents are parents. BJP is like parents and Narendra bhai is like their child. For us, party is first and then Narendra bhai. Whatever he is today, it is because of the BJP."
Narendra Modi`s wife Jashodaben, who has so far led a solitary life after being abandoned by her husband, has disappeared ever since the Gujarat CM accepted for the first time that he is married.
Media reports claimed that Jashodaben Modi, who retired as a school teacher, had left on a `char dham` pilgrimage with a congregation of 40 women.
Jashodaben has vanished from the scene after spotlight turned back on her when the Election Commission displayed Narendra Modi`s nomination form in Vadodara, Gujarat, which revealed her name as his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy