Narendra Modi hits back at Priyanka, says only Gandhis grew strong in 60 years
Kalol: Narendra Modi on Wednesday took a dig at Priyanka Gandhi over her remarks that attacks on her family made her stronger, saying it has been "going strong" for the last 60 years and now it`s time to build a strong nation.
"You say that we will become strong...You (Gandhi family) are going strong for the last 60 years," the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate said at a rally in Kalol town of Gandhinagar district in Gujarat.
BJP veteran L K Advani is contesting from Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat.
"But, the issue today is how to make our nation strong. When you want to make yourself strong, we (BJP) want to build a strong nation. For us, there is nothing supreme than the people`s voice," Modi said without taking any names.
Modi was apparently referring to Priyanka`s statement yesterday that opposition BJP was wrongly targeting her husband on his alleged inappropriate land deals, but the attack will make her strong.
"When you watch TV, what do you see? Harsh words, humiliation of my family. A lot of things are said about my husband. I feel pained. I feel pained, not for myself, also not because you are humiliating somebody...The truth is not being told."
"The more they try to humiliate, the more will be my determination to fight back, the more they try to work for my downfall, the stronger I will get up," Priyanka said at Rae Bareli.
Modi accused Congress of diverting people`s attentions from real issues with wild allegations.
"On every question we raised, they just levelled more allegations against me. When nothing worked, Congress leaders brought in the issue of misuse of CBI. I think that Congress has lost their ability to put up an issue-based fight," he said.
The Gujarat Chief Minister also accused the `mother-son` duo of `looting` the nation.
"Don`t you think that after looting the nation, black money is stashed in foreign banks ?. Should we bring that money back ?", he asked to which the the audience replied in affirmative..." yes..Yes".
"Yesterday, Supreme Court lambasted the UPA government for not forming an SIT to bring that money back in India," he said and alleged that the central government is hiding something from people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand