Narendra Modi is communal, should be defeated: Mahesh Bhatt
Lucknow: Appealing to voters to shun communal forces in Lok Sabha polls, film producer Mahesh Bhatt on Friday said BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi should be defeated as he was a "communal" leader.
"My son had talked to Headley accused in Mumbai blasts. Though he was not named by any agency, in Gujarat his film was not allowed to be screened. A person who had such type of thinking should not be allowed to win," Bhatt told reporters here in presence of Congress candidate Rita Bahuguna Joshi.
"Its our duty to defeat communal forces. Our country is secular and it our duty to maintain this character," he said, adding that Modi`s Congress free India could not be accepted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what