Narendra Modi likens Narasimha Rao to Bahadur Shah Zafar
Guntur: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Thursday drew a comparison between P.V. Narasimha Rao and Bahadur Shah Zafar, saying the former prime minister like the last Mughal emperor was denied two-yard land for funeral in Delhi.
Addressing an election rally in this Andhra town, he said while Bahadur Shah Zafar fought the British for India`s independence, Narasimha Rao fought for the country`s economic freedom.
Modi said the Nehru-Gandhi family denied Narasimha Rao two-yard land in Delhi in the same manner in which British did not allow Bahadur Shah Zafar`s burial in the capital.
"When Bahadur Shah Zafar died, British government in Delhi refused to give two-yard land because he fought them for India`s independence. When Narasimha Rao died, the mother-son government refused to give two-yard land for him in Delhi," he said.
The Gujarat chief minister said Narasimha Rao deviated from Congress traditions to fight for economic freedom and though he dedicated his entire life for the Congress, the party did not allow his body to be kept in the party office.
The BJP leader reiterating his allegation that Nehru-Gandhi family always insulted Telugu sons of soil. He referred to the incident in which Rajiv Gandhi publicly pulled up then chief minister T. Anjaiah. He also alleged that Indira Gandhi backstabbed then President of India Neelam Sanjiva Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?