Narendra Modi likens Narasimha Rao to Bahadur Shah Zafar
Guntur: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Thursday drew a comparison between P.V. Narasimha Rao and Bahadur Shah Zafar, saying the former prime minister like the last Mughal emperor was denied two-yard land for funeral in Delhi.
Addressing an election rally in this Andhra town, he said while Bahadur Shah Zafar fought the British for India`s independence, Narasimha Rao fought for the country`s economic freedom.
Modi said the Nehru-Gandhi family denied Narasimha Rao two-yard land in Delhi in the same manner in which British did not allow Bahadur Shah Zafar`s burial in the capital.
"When Bahadur Shah Zafar died, British government in Delhi refused to give two-yard land because he fought them for India`s independence. When Narasimha Rao died, the mother-son government refused to give two-yard land for him in Delhi," he said.
The Gujarat chief minister said Narasimha Rao deviated from Congress traditions to fight for economic freedom and though he dedicated his entire life for the Congress, the party did not allow his body to be kept in the party office.
The BJP leader reiterating his allegation that Nehru-Gandhi family always insulted Telugu sons of soil. He referred to the incident in which Rajiv Gandhi publicly pulled up then chief minister T. Anjaiah. He also alleged that Indira Gandhi backstabbed then President of India Neelam Sanjiva Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?