Narendra Modi meets RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
New Delhi: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi tonight held a long meeting with top RSS leaders, including its chief Mohan Bhagwat, hours after the campaign for the Lok Sabha elections came to an end.
Modi joined Bhagwat, his deputy Bhaiyyaji Joshi and Suresh Soni, the RSS pointsman with BJP, at the Sangh headquarters here where they are learnt to have reviewed the future course of action and current campaign strategy, two days before the last phase of elections, including in the crucial eastern UP.
The meeting lasted for over two hours, sources said.
Sangh workers have campaigned extensively for BJP in eastern UP where the party seeks to dramatically improve its fortunes.
The meeting also discussed the current political situation, sources said, adding that Modi left after having dinner with the RSS top brass.
Modi, who was campaigning in Uttar Pradesh, landed in Delhi after electioneering in the nine-phased polls drew to a close and went straight to meet former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
"After addressing final campaign rally came to seek Atalji`s blessings. Had met him when campaign started. It`s always special to meet him," the Gujarat Chief Minister tweeted.
Thereafter, he met party President Rajnath Singh at his residence.
The last phase of polling will take place on Monday, including in Varanasi from where Modi is contesting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city