Narendra Modi neglecting coastal security of Gujarat: Congress
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress today accused Chief Minister Narendra Modi of neglecting the security of 1,600 km-long coastline of the state.
Addressing a press conference, state Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said, "Modi has been giving advise to the whole country about national security and defence in his campaigns, but he is not uttering a single word about the deteriorating law and order situation in Gujarat."
He referred to the recent seizure of heroin worth Rs 1,600 crore by the Australian navy from a boat near the Kenyan coast two weeks ago.
"The boat is registered in Veraval and was hired by a person who had allegedly loaded the heroin in Tuna port along with livestock and set off for a Gulf country. How was the boat allowed to go? If Australian navy can find drugs on it, why the local police failed to do so?" asked Modhwadia, who alleged a cover-up saying the culprits were close to BJP.
All of them played a crucial role in Modi`s `Sadbhavna` programme in Dwarka and Jamnagar, he alleged. "Since police department has been kept busy spying on women, Gujarat is becoming a hub of drug trade. Recently 600 grams of heroin was seized from a courier firm in Maninagar, which is the Chief Minister`s constituency," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police