Narendra Modi not the only factor in Goa poll: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Saturday said BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was not the only factor that mattered in Goa in the Lok Sabha election.
Two years of governance in the state would also be acknowledged, Parrikar told reporters at the Masson de Amorim polling station after casting ballot for the North Goa seat early Saturday.
Balloting for the two Lok Sabha constituencies is on in Goa.
"The government`s performance of two years will be acknowledged," Parrikar said.
The Bharatiya Janata Party has refrained from focussing too much on Modi in the state which has a 27 percent Catholic population.
A pre-poll diktat by the Church in Goa had damned good governance claims by both the Manohar Parrikar-led Goa government and the Modi-led Gujarat government. The Church directive also asked its flock to keep communal forces at bay.
The main poll plank used by by the BJP in Goa was the "good governance" administered by its government under Parrikar`s leadership.
Asked whether there was an anti-incumbency vote in Goa, Parrikar said: "I feel pro-incumbency."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened