Narendra Modi not the only factor in Goa poll: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Saturday said BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was not the only factor that mattered in Goa in the Lok Sabha election.
Two years of governance in the state would also be acknowledged, Parrikar told reporters at the Masson de Amorim polling station after casting ballot for the North Goa seat early Saturday.
Balloting for the two Lok Sabha constituencies is on in Goa.
"The government`s performance of two years will be acknowledged," Parrikar said.
The Bharatiya Janata Party has refrained from focussing too much on Modi in the state which has a 27 percent Catholic population.
A pre-poll diktat by the Church in Goa had damned good governance claims by both the Manohar Parrikar-led Goa government and the Modi-led Gujarat government. The Church directive also asked its flock to keep communal forces at bay.
The main poll plank used by by the BJP in Goa was the "good governance" administered by its government under Parrikar`s leadership.
Asked whether there was an anti-incumbency vote in Goa, Parrikar said: "I feel pro-incumbency."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says