Narendra Modi represents RSS ideology: Rahul Gandhi
Bilaspur: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi represents the ideology of the RSS, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi said on Thursday.
Referring to MS Golwalkar, the second "Sarsanghchalak" (Supreme Chief) of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), Gandhi said Golwalkar believed India made a huge mistake by giving voting rights to women.
He also slammed Modi over his alleged links with the Adani industrial group and questioned how the business house grew to Rs 40,000 crore during his tenure as the Gujarat chief minister.
"You ask that businessman how much employment he has given," Gandhi said.
Speaking in the presence of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and state party chief Sukhvinder Sukhu, Gandhi promised to provide the right to free medical treatment if the Congress was voted to power.
Bilaspur is part of the Hamirpur Lok Sabha constituency where the Congress has fielded Bharatiya Janata Party rebel Rajinder Rana against BJP`s outgoing MP Anurag Thakur.
A total of 38 candidates will be in the fray for the four Lok Sabha seats in the hill state that will go to polls on May 07.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III