Narendra Modi represents RSS ideology: Rahul Gandhi
Bilaspur: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi represents the ideology of the RSS, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi said on Thursday.
Referring to MS Golwalkar, the second "Sarsanghchalak" (Supreme Chief) of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), Gandhi said Golwalkar believed India made a huge mistake by giving voting rights to women.
He also slammed Modi over his alleged links with the Adani industrial group and questioned how the business house grew to Rs 40,000 crore during his tenure as the Gujarat chief minister.
"You ask that businessman how much employment he has given," Gandhi said.
Speaking in the presence of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and state party chief Sukhvinder Sukhu, Gandhi promised to provide the right to free medical treatment if the Congress was voted to power.
Bilaspur is part of the Hamirpur Lok Sabha constituency where the Congress has fielded Bharatiya Janata Party rebel Rajinder Rana against BJP`s outgoing MP Anurag Thakur.
A total of 38 candidates will be in the fray for the four Lok Sabha seats in the hill state that will go to polls on May 07.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read