Narendra Modi sharpens attack on Congress over "neech rajneeti"
Barasat: Narendra Modi on Wednesday stepped up attack on Priyanka Gandhi for her "neech rajneeti" barb directed at him, wondering whether the people who made the accusation were aware of its meaning.
"Of late, I am being accused of indulging in "neech rajneeti". But I ask, do they know what does that mean?" Modi said at an election rally in support of BJP candidate magician P C Sorkar here.
"After the brutal incident in Delhi, the Congress had not spent a single paise from the Nirbhaya fund. Does this not mean "neech rajneeti?" he said.
"During the Commonwealth Games, money had been made from purchase of toilet papers. Does this not mean `neech rajneeti`? Desh ka koyla kha gaya (the country`s coal assets had been plundered). I ask, does this not mean `neech rajneeti," Modi said.
Giving another example, he said "When the prices of vegetables were skyrocketing, the Supreme Court asked the government to distribute them among the poor. But the government did not do that. Instead, the vegetables were sold. Is this not "neech rajneeti"?
Turning the spotlight on Rahul Gandhi, Modi said that he had the penchant to go to villages along with the media like a person visits the Tajmahal with a camera to click photos.
"Rahulbhai will go to a poor household and start to take pictures with a child sitting in his lap. And then he will partake food with the family. Born with a golden spoon, what will he know about poverty?" he wondered.
Modi said that he used to sell tea in a train compartment and then had food with the proceeds of the sales. "I have seen poverty closely", he went on.
Targetting Mamata Banerjee, Modi said she had lost an opportunity to work for the betterment of West Bengal.
"People perceived that real parivartan will usher in with Mamata coming to power three years back. But nothing has happened. An opportunity is lost. She is walking the same path as the Left did," he alleged.
Modi also attacked the West Bengal chief minister for not being able to provide security to the women of the state.
"In this divine soil of the state, incidents of rapes are frequent," he said.
Taking a jibe at the "prevent Modi" campaign of the Congress, Left and Mamata, he said that all of them are saying "prevent Modi from coming".
"Maa, beta bol raha hai, Modi ko roko (Mother and son, referring to Sonia and Rahul, saying stop Modi). Buddha bhi bol rahe hai, Modi ko roko (Buddhadeb Bhattacharya also saying stop Modi). Even Didi, referring to Mamata, bhi bol rahe hai (Mamata too is saying that).
"Why none of them is saying stop inflation, stop unemployment?" he said adding "I suppose everyone is shaken about the certain outcome of the elections."
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Indian Premier League 2016: Chris Morris does justice to whopping price tag for Delhi Daredevils with incredible 82-run knock
- Facebook profits surge as user base expands
- Watch - Maiden rocket launch from Russia's brand new Vostochny Cosmodrome!
- 'Revamped' Varanasi ghats to go green - PM Modi set to distribute e-boats to boatmen of Ganga
- Air travellers to get refund on development fee for tickets booked beyond April 30