Narendra Modi showers praise on LK Advani, asks BJP workers to ensure his victory
Gandhinagar: Narendra Modi on Saturday showered praise on party veteran L K Advani, who is in electoral fray from here, describing him as a "guiding figure" who has built the party with hard work and asked party men to ensure his victory by a huge margin.
"He (Advani) has built the party with his hard work, he has taught four generations of the BJP workers to live and die for the party. Thousands of party workers are blessed to have a guiding figure like him," Modi said addressing party workers shortly before Advani filed his nomination for the Lok Sabha poll from Gandhinagar constituency.
Relations between Modi and Advani had come under strain after the BJP patriarch had initially been miffed over not being allowed by the party to shift from Gandhinagar and contest for Bhopal seat. Advani had also opposed Modi`s anointment as the party`s PM candidate.
He said he had always been fortunate to receive Advani`s guidance in his political journey. "It is our privilege to serve Advani-ji when he is contesting from Gandhinagar. Party workers have to ensure victory of Advani-ji by a huge margin from Gandhinagar," Modi said and later accompanied the patriarch to the election authority for nomination-filing.
Asking cadres to work for Advani`s victory, he asked them to focus on each and every booth. "I will rather be happiest if we win at every polling booth," he said.
Modi claimed Congress would not reach a double-digit tally in any of the states in Lok Sabha elections this time.
"This would be perhaps the first election after the independence, the first instance of post-independence era, when not a single candidate of Congress party would be elected from some states," Modi said.
"There won`t be a single region or the state where Congress will be able to reach double digit. They will not get even ten seats in any of the states," he predicted.
Congress will face its biggest rout since the emergency, Modi claimed, adding this time "people have decided the verdict in advance".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm