Narendra Modi slams UPA, Nitish for neglecting jawans, farmers
Jehanabad: BJP prime ministerial aspirant Narendra Modi on Thursday slammed the UPA and the Nitish Kumar government in Bihar for "inadequate facilities" for security personnel and said the Centre`s failure to address the plight of farmers reflected its policy of `Mar Jawan, Mar Kisan`.
Addressing an election rally here, Modi said the UPA`s policy vis-a-vis jawans and farmers was a far cry from the former prime minister Lal Bahadur Shastri`s call for `Jai Jawan Jai Kisan` five decades ago.
Referring to a televised clip of the wailing of an injured CRPF jawan Dileep Kumar for a helicopter to be rushed to hospital, Modi said, "Ek jawan ko maut ke samne jhujhana parha hai kya isi ko jai jawan kehte hai (a jawan has to fight for light and stare at death...Does it reflect the motto of jai jawan)?"
The jawan was among seven security personnel and policemen injured in a landmine blast under Dibra police station area in Aurangabad district three days ago.
Three CRPF men, including its Deputy Commandant Indrajit Singh, were killed in the landmine blast while defusing the high-intensity explosive.
Similarly, he said, the Centre had failed to ensure fair renumeration for crops as a result of which a large number of farmers have committed suicide across the country.
"Our motherland has been bloodied with the suicide of farmers in large numbers," he said and slammed the UPA government for bringing doom for the farmers and soldiers.
Modi, who is spearheading NDA`s campaign to oust the UPA government from the Centre at the hustings by giving a call for `Congress-mukt` Bharat, tore into the UPA government for indulging in corruption during its decade-long rule.
"The former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi had famously said that only 15 paise out of Re 1 released by the Centre reached the people, but I say that only Rs 12 out of Rs 100 go to the intended beneficiary due to corrupt system," he said.
BJP prime ministerial aspirant Narendra Modi on Thursday slammed the UPA and the Nitish Kumar government in Bihar for "inadequate facilities" for security personnel and said the Centre`s failure to address the plight of farmers reflected its policy of `Mar Jawan, Mar Kisan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India