Narendra Modi takes jibe at Mamata over her `paper tiger` comment
Bankura: Taking a jibe at Mamata Banerjee over her "paper tiger" comment, Narendra Modi on Sunday said that a real tiger is one who jails those involved in the Sharada chit fund scam and gets back money of the poor.
Modi also said that Banerjee`s attack on him would not deter him in helping Bengal if BJP comes to power at the Centre and a strong BJP government would also ensure that the West Bengal Chief Minister does her job seriously.
"A tiger is the one who sends those involved in Sharada chit fund scam to jail, investigate the matter and get back the money of the poor.
"I am surprised. Didi, why are you afraid of a paper tiger. If a paper tiger has proved this costly for her, then what will happen if a real tiger comes before you," Modi said while addressing a rally here.
The BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate said the real tigers of Bengal were its youth.
Three days back, Banerjee had taken swipe at Modi, saying there was a difference between a `paper tiger` and a Royal Bengal Tiger.
Modi said that "Didi`s" attack on him will not be an impediment for Bengal and its development, if BJP comes to power."
The Gujarat Chief Minister said that he does not believe in politics of "revenge" (badla), but politics of "badlav (change).
"Didi has bad-mouthed me, launched attacks and levelled false charges. But let me assure you that I will serve people of Bengal and work for them. I believe in politics of change and not revenge," he said, adding that Bengal had suffered injustice for 60 years because of the central government.
The West Bengal Chief Minister and Modi have engaged in verbal slugfest over several issues and have launched vitrolic attacks on each other.
Appealing to the voters, Modi said that if BJP is elected to power, it will be a double profit for the people of Bengal.
"I am giving you a formula. If a strong BJP government comes to power at the Centre then Didi also has to stop her drama and show some seriousness in running the government.
"If I make 100 kms of roads, then she has to at least make 10 kms of road. If I build 1 lakh houses then she has to build 10,000 houses," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof