Narendra Modi tears into UPA claims on MNREGA, RTI
Koppal/Bagalkot: Tearing into the claims of UPA about its flagship employment generation programme MNREGA, BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday alleged it had only "filled the pockets of Congress" and sought to debunk the much-touted RTI.
"...I have come here to say who is anti-farmer, anti-poor, anti-youth? Such a government does not have any right to remain in power even for one minute also and therefore I pray and it is the need of the hour that we need a strong government at Delhi," he said.
Addressing rallies in northern Karnataka, Modi said "Madam Soniaji says we have eradicated poverty from villages. How did it happen?. (She says) We have brought NREGA (National Rural Employment Guarantee Act)...Congress kaa jeb bharata hain uska naam hain Narega (It fills the pockets of Congress and its name is NREGA)."
Seeking to pick holes in Rahul Gandhi`s frequent talk about RTI, he said "has RTI given you something for your stomach to eat? The black money which has been stashed away, has it come back? In 2G scam, where have crores of rupees been gobbled up - has that booty come back?
"Does anyone lock up coal ... This Delhi government loots coal. Shehzade RTI, please tell us who looted coal? People talk about looting of coal but he (Rahul) says please take RTI. They (Congress) make fun of poor people. They don`t want to free the country from corruption. Shouldn`t the black money be brought back to the country or not?, Modi said.
Accusing the UPA government of not showing interest in bringing back money stashed away overseas, he said "who is preventing from bringing back the black money? Why are they preventing it, because their black money is stashed away in foreign banks. Therefore, the black marketers are saying no to it."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know