Narendra Modi tears into UPA claims on MNREGA, RTI
Koppal/Bagalkot: Tearing into the claims of UPA about its flagship employment generation programme MNREGA, BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday alleged it had only "filled the pockets of Congress" and sought to debunk the much-touted RTI.
"...I have come here to say who is anti-farmer, anti-poor, anti-youth? Such a government does not have any right to remain in power even for one minute also and therefore I pray and it is the need of the hour that we need a strong government at Delhi," he said.
Addressing rallies in northern Karnataka, Modi said "Madam Soniaji says we have eradicated poverty from villages. How did it happen?. (She says) We have brought NREGA (National Rural Employment Guarantee Act)...Congress kaa jeb bharata hain uska naam hain Narega (It fills the pockets of Congress and its name is NREGA)."
Seeking to pick holes in Rahul Gandhi`s frequent talk about RTI, he said "has RTI given you something for your stomach to eat? The black money which has been stashed away, has it come back? In 2G scam, where have crores of rupees been gobbled up - has that booty come back?
"Does anyone lock up coal ... This Delhi government loots coal. Shehzade RTI, please tell us who looted coal? People talk about looting of coal but he (Rahul) says please take RTI. They (Congress) make fun of poor people. They don`t want to free the country from corruption. Shouldn`t the black money be brought back to the country or not?, Modi said.
Accusing the UPA government of not showing interest in bringing back money stashed away overseas, he said "who is preventing from bringing back the black money? Why are they preventing it, because their black money is stashed away in foreign banks. Therefore, the black marketers are saying no to it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP