Narendra Modi to address 5 back-to-back rallies in Punjab today
Zee Media Bureau
Chandigarh: A day after taking Varanasi by storm, Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Friday will address five back-to-back rallies in Punjab.
In a bid to boost the fortunes of ruling SAD-BJP alliance in the state, Modi will address public meetings in Bathinda, Hoshiarpur, Ludhiana, Pathankot and Amritsar.
He will first address the rally in Pathankot (1 pm), followed by Hoshiarpur (2:15 pm), Ludhiana (3:30 pm), Bathinda (5:00 pm), and Amritsar (7:15 pm).
On Thursday, Congress candidate from Amritsar Amarinder Singh asked Modi whether he was coming to Punjab to give his stamp of approval to "criminalised politics" being promoted by the state`s Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia.
In an open letter to Modi, Amarinder alleged that Majithia, the brother-in-law of Punjab Deputy Chief Minister and Shiromani Akali Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal, was "the most notorious character across Amritsar who has been patronising drug trafficking and criminals".
Amarinder Singh said Majithia was recently named in a multi-crore-rupee international drug racket and is likely to face prosecution soon.
Amarinder is pitted against senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley for the Amritsar Lok Sabha seat.
All 13 Lok Sabha seats in Punjab go to polls on April 30.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now