Narendra Modi to address 5 back-to-back rallies in Punjab today
Zee Media Bureau
Chandigarh: A day after taking Varanasi by storm, Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Friday will address five back-to-back rallies in Punjab.
In a bid to boost the fortunes of ruling SAD-BJP alliance in the state, Modi will address public meetings in Bathinda, Hoshiarpur, Ludhiana, Pathankot and Amritsar.
He will first address the rally in Pathankot (1 pm), followed by Hoshiarpur (2:15 pm), Ludhiana (3:30 pm), Bathinda (5:00 pm), and Amritsar (7:15 pm).
On Thursday, Congress candidate from Amritsar Amarinder Singh asked Modi whether he was coming to Punjab to give his stamp of approval to "criminalised politics" being promoted by the state`s Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia.
In an open letter to Modi, Amarinder alleged that Majithia, the brother-in-law of Punjab Deputy Chief Minister and Shiromani Akali Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal, was "the most notorious character across Amritsar who has been patronising drug trafficking and criminals".
Amarinder Singh said Majithia was recently named in a multi-crore-rupee international drug racket and is likely to face prosecution soon.
Amarinder is pitted against senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley for the Amritsar Lok Sabha seat.
All 13 Lok Sabha seats in Punjab go to polls on April 30.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read