Narendra Modi to address rally on Jaswant Singh`s turf in Barmer
Barmer: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will be addressing a rally here on April 12 as poll pitch intensifies for this seat after the entry of expelled BJP veteran Jaswant Singh into the race disturbed caste equations here.
While Modi will be addressing a rally at Pachpadra Assembly constituency here, Congress is also planning a public meeting for its Vice President Rahul Gandhi, though date and location have not been finalised so far.
The campaigning here comes to an end on April 14th evening. Polling here is on April 17.
The election is being seen as `mooch ki ladai (prestige battle)` between Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, who wants to go all guns blazing against expelled BJP veteran after he refused to bow to the party`s wish of fielding Sona Ram Choudhary, and Singh, a nine-time MP.
Choudhary, a three-time Congress MP, changed sides barely days before getting the BJP ticket. Raje has already visited the constituency twice in one week.
While in Congress camp, Ajay Trivedi, Congress media in- charge at Jodhpur told, "We are trying to bring Gandhi here but the date and venue is yet to be finalised." The presence of Gandhi may boost the chances of sitting 44-year- old MP Harish Choudhary, who is known for his proximity with the Gandhi scion.
Singh`s campaign is being pursued with vigour by his daughter-in-law Chitra Singh, who has held a number of meetings on his behalf while Jaswant Singh visits the distant areas of the constituency. His son Manvendra Singh, the BJP MLA, is on bed rest as advised by doctors.
At public meetings, Chitra asks people to vote for Singh as it is a question of self-respect for the 76-year-old leader who was denied a chance to serve his native place in his last election.
Meanwhile, Singh`s lawyers have approached the Chief Electoral Officer with a complaint for adding in the election expenses of BJP candidate Col (retd) Sona Ram Choudhary the expenditure incurred on account of Raje`s visit here.
Modi`s rally here would be a significant boost for Sona Ram, who is citing the development in Gujarat and seeking votes in the name of Modi.
In a meeting at Sinddhari area here, he said no party is good or bad; people, because of their self interest, destroy it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks