Narendra Modi was an adult during marriage, says actress Nagma
Indore: Congress star campaigner and actress Nagma on Wednesday claimed that BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was not a "minor" at the time of his marriage.
"It is being stated that Modi was a minor at the time of his marriage, which is a big lie. There is evidence to prove that when he got married, he was not a minor but had grown up," Nagma told reporters at the Indore Press Club here.
Referring to the issue of Modi`s marriage, she said that there was nothing wrong in raising this issue during polls, since Modi had hidden information about his marriage in his earlier affidavits filed for elections.
Nagma, who is also contesting from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh, also praised Modi`s wife Jashodaben for leading her life in a solitary manner after being denied her place by her husband.
Questioning the Gujarat model of development, she referred to a recent incident in Modasa district where a Dalit woman was set on fire by 14 youths, right in the midst of a busy square.
"Is this the model Modi plans to replicate throughout the entire country," she asked.
She also criticised TV actress and BJP leader Smriti Irani for contesting polls against Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi from Amethi and wanted to know about what exactly she had achieved for the country to be fielded from such an important seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians