Narendra Modi wave a hoax by BJP: Omar Abdullah
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday dismissed as "mere hoax" assertions by BJP that there was a Modi wave in the country.
"There is no Modi wave in the country, particularly in Jammu and Kashmir...," he told a public rally in Kalakote belt of Rajouri district.
Taking a dig at BJP, Omar who is also Working President of National Conference, said BJP has no regard for its own elders and stalwarts and hence cannot give respect to the common man.
He asked people to remain united and foil all attempts at dividing the society and flaring up tension in the name of region, religion and caste.
Omar said parties like BJP and PDP were thriving on the politics of `divide and rule`.
He said National Conference and Congress have always tried to keep the secular democratic traditions of the country and the state alive and strong.
"Let us all vote the joint candidates of NC and Congress in the Lok Sabha polls and strengthen the hands of Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul," he said and added that the all round development, massive economic uplift and peace in the state during the last five years is due to the UPA government.
Meanwhile, Minister for PHE and Irrigation Sham Lal Sharma and Minister for Planning and Development Ajay Kumar Sadhotra slammed the "unholy BJP-PDP alliance", describing it as an arrangement of convenience to divide secular votes.
Addressing separate election meetings, they said the alliance candidate Madan Lal Sharma in Jammu and Ghulam Nabi Azad in Udhampur will emerge victorious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today