Narendra Modi`s attack on EC under scanner
Kolkata: A video tape of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s address at a rally in West Bengal, where he took on the Election Commission, has been sent to the poll panel in Delhi, an official said Monday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party leader Sunday attacked the Election Commission for "failing to prevent rigging and violence" in several states at a rally in Asansol in Burdwan district.
In a strong verbal assault on the commission, which has drawn much flak from the state`s opposition parties on the conduct of the April 30 balloting in nine Lok Sabha constituencies in West Bengal, Modi said the panel should work without bothering about "which government has appointed it".
Modi also dared the poll panel to slap cases against him if it did not like what he was saying.
Amit Ray Chaudhury, officer on special duty in the chief electoral officer`s office, here confirmed the move.
"We sent the video of his Asansol rally to the commission in Delhi Sunday evening," he told reporters here Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok